This is a great recipe to use all that zucchini from your garden, cheesy and delicious!
3 cups water
1/2 cup rice
2 pounds zucchini
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Bring 3 cups of water to boil, add rice. When water returns to a boil, reduce temperature to a low. Cover rice and cook until rice is tender.
2. Preheat oven’s broiler. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
3. Cut ends from zucchini and steam until tender. Reserve 2 zucchini for garnish, then dice remaining zucchini.
4. Combine butter and oil in a Dutch oven and heat until butter is melted. Add rice and diced zucchini, then saute until golden, stirring frequently. Stir in the cheeses until melted and add salt and pepper to taste. Let cool slightly, then stir in eggs quickly. Pour into a prepared baking dish and sprinkle generously with bread crumbs.
5. Slice reserved zucchini and arrange around the diced mixture. Drizzle melted butter over top.
6. Broil about 6 inches from the source of heat until lightly browned and bubbly.